Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Taxi in slow traffic

Can I say that I enjoyed Taxi Driver? No. To be honest I found myself half asleep right up until the end. The movie did however have its share of great scenes and shots that I believe make it as famous as it is. We all know the line, “Are you talking to me?”  Prior to watching this movie I had no idea where that line came from. In this shot we take the perspective of Travis’s reflection. We all have done this in the mirror or something similar to it at some point which makes this oddity relatable. The only other scene I enjoyed was the final battle with Travis and the prostitution ring. It felt very cheesy but I think that’s why I enjoyed it. The use of lighting was very unique. I noticed that the colors were predominantly red and green on the streets giving it that old New York kind of feeling since this was filmed during the 80’s. I felt that the story was way too slow paced. If it was done correctly, it could have taken 45 minutes to tell this whole story rather then the 2 hours it did take. It also would have been nice if they added different music instead of the same exact trumpet rift every time. Overall I cannot see why people have taken such a liking to this film. I thought that Robert DeNiro did a fantastic job portraying Travis and his struggles. If anything makes this movie famous it was the acting done by Robert, other than that this movie has nothing going for it. Imagine if they released an extended edition on blu-ray, including never before scene shots with exciting trumpet music! 

No comments:

Post a Comment