Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Taxi Driver-Ending Scene

I went into Taxi Driver knowing nothing about the film besides the main actor Robert De Niro. I didn't know what to expect but I definitely did not expect what ended up happening. I first thought it was going to be a love story with Betsy and trying to win her heart. That ended relatively quickly and I didn't know what to think. As Travis who in the movie seems to be a normal guy starts to deal with guns and starts acting a bit more weird  I was getting excited to see what happens next. The ending scene of the movie completely caught me off guard but I am glad it did. Travis surprisingly shot the pimp and then continued on and shot down the whole pimp house. This scene was very epic and it added much needed entertainment and action to an otherwise somewhat boring film. A shot that is very famous that I like a lot is when Travis is sitting on the couch and pointing his fingers like a gun to his head. It made Travis look badass and psycho at the same time. The camera did a great job capturing the shot and having a great zoom in on his head to show all of his emotions and feelings at the time. This movie had a lot of plot twists in it and I thought that added a lot to the film. It made the viewer always thinking what's next and wanting to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment